I know! You're saying to yourself, "But Matt, how will I fill my days if I don't have your blog to read over and over again." I'm sorry sir/mam, I just don't know.
That was weird. But, anyways, I leave in like two days. For everyone wishing to see the author of this blog in person, he will be having a blog signing in Chicago from Sept. 19-25, and after that will be in Acton (Massachusetts) for the coming months. Then I need to figure out what I am doing with my life. So, if you are in either of these places, and wish to hear more about my travels, see more pictures, give me advice on life, or smoke out of my new hookah, you can call me at 608-215-4031 and we will talk.
The last few days, I have been to a mish mash of places. The only one that really mattered was Haifa (Pronounced Chaifa (No, the 'ch' comes from the back of your throat)). Haifa is not that exciting. They have the Baha'i gardens (More on the Baha'i faith....if you were interested for some reason). And that's Haifa. I did take some pretty pictures though. Enjoy.
Now I will discuss whatever comes to mind about my trip to the middle east (In no particular order):
- People don't jay walk here. They stand at the light for minutes while no cars are coming and wait for the walk signal
- Birthright (Taglit in Hebrew) was effective. I have changed my answer to the question "Are you Jewish?" from "Only by birth" to "Yes". It got me thinking about how I want my kids raised, etc.
- I have decided to stay in Israel and become a Rabbi (Is, is he serious?)
- There's a dichotomy among Israelis, all are very warm, friendly and helpful, but a lot are also arrogant, opinionated and argumentative (Not that there's anything wrong with that)
- It hasn't rained since I have been here (There hasn't even been a cloudy day)
- People exaggerate how dangerous areas are
- A good step for the Palestinian-Israeli conflict would be for both sides to accept the fact that the other side is here to stay
- Israeli girls have a very tough shell, but if you keep talking to them, they eventually come around
- Fast food is expensive here
- Hummus is delicious